|| Technical Writer
*Pending award of contract*
Title: Technical Writer
Location: Quantico, VA
Writes a variety of technical articles, reports, brochures, and/or manuals for documentation in support of the replacement of the Marine Corps Community Services (MCCS) Financial Management System (FMS). Coordinates the display of graphics and the production of the document. Ensures content is of high quality and meets the needs of the customer.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Create a variety of user documentation (how-to-guides, quick reference, quick cards, etc.) for paper, multimedia or web-based publication.
- Research and translate technical information into online help, manuals and/or web-based documents for non-technical and technical users.
- Periodically check with the Subject Matter Expert to ensure information meets user requirements.
- Assist trainers with the creation of class materials, computer-based training, demonstrations and other training material.
- Explain technical ideas in simple language.
- Write technical direction on product announcements, marketing brochures, advertisements, marketing specifications, etc.
- Edit and adjust material as necessary and proofread for grammar and spelling.
- Produce products that conform to documentation and quality assurance standards.
- Work with the Quality Assurance manager to ensure that our documents are ready for delivery to the customer.
- Make updates as necessary to existing documents and files.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
- Bachelor’s degree and 4 years of collective experience with:
- – Documenting databases & software applications for Federal Government customers
- – Developing Training plans and technical transition guides
eSTS offers a comprehensive benefits program with options that enable each employee to structure a benefits package tailored to meet his or her family’s needs. Offerings within our benefits program include:
- Flexible Spending Account
- 401K retirement account
- Life Insurance
- Long-term disability insurance
- Short-term Disability insurance
- Educational assistance
- Personal Time Off
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.