|| Polygraph Examiner (Instructor)
||Fort Jackson, South Carolina
Works independently providing the National Center for Credibility Assessments (NCCA) Credibility Assessment (CA) mission capabilities in Psychophysiological Detection of Deception (PDD) Instruction, Continuing Education (CE) instruction, Quality Assurance Program (QAP) Support and CA Research and Development at Fort Jackson, South Carolina
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support instruction branch by teaching courses within the PDD program under the technical direction of the Chief, Instruction Branch, and respective course managers. Report to assigned classroom or laboratory monitoring suite at the time and for the duration indicated on published schedules and conduct teaching assignments in accordance with (IAW) NCCA PDD program curriculum
- Prepare classroom lectures, presentations, assignments, assembling training materials, preparing proctoring and grading written examinations
- Mentor PDD students on all aspects of the PDD program major blocks of instructions
- Monitor and prepare written grade sheets on and verbally debrief each assigned student on each laboratory IAW NCCA laboratory grading policies and procedures
- Deliver or assist in delivering CE courses at NCCA to support federal polygraph programs in achieving their requisite 80 hours of continuing education biennially
- Support CA Research and Development by collecting data through testing new CA technology or techniques under the approved protocol of the investigating Research Scientist or project investigating officer
- Support Operations Branch by updating Countermeasure (CM) and CM II course materials, reviewing and analyzing CM data, inputting CM data in the CM database and delivering CM and CMII course and evaluating methods and techniques is use by foreign polygraph programs
- Support QAP Branch by compiling and categorizing QAP inspection polygraph findings, reviewing and identifying negative trends in polygraph examinations conducted in the federal government discovered during Comprehensive Examination Review (CER) site visits; compiling and categorizing QAP polygraph references and policies; compiling, editing and organizing all polygraph related classes used in the Polygraph Oversight and Practices Symposium; review and organize CER inspection reports; conduct various surveys of the federal polygraph community.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Minimum one (1) year experience in teaching/training federal polygraph examiners on polygraph pre-test interview, post-test interview, polygraph test data collection, polygraph test data analysis, polygraph instrumentation, test question construction, specific issue and/or counter-intelligence scope polygraph testing
- Be computer literate (Have a working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications Word, Power Point, Excel).
- Possess clear, competent technical writing skills.
- Possess the knowledge, skills and abilities that will enable them to immediately perform the duties and responsibilities of this position
- Strong training and communication skills.
- Currently possess an active TSI/Poly Security Clearance
Education and Experience:
- Be a graduate of NCCA or an NCCA predecessor school (e.g. CIA Polygraph School, Army Polygraph School, DoD Polygraph Institute, Defense Academy for Credibility Assessment).
- Five (5) years of experience as a federally certified polygraph examiner.
- Federally certified within the past three (3) years.
- Maintain federal certification throughout the period of performance.
eSTS offers a comprehensive benefits program with options that enable each employee to structure a benefits package tailored to meet his or her family’s needs. Offerings within our benefits program include:
- Flexible Spending Account
- 401K retirement account
- Life Insurance
- Long-term disability insurance
- Short-term Disability insurance
- Educational assistance
- Personal Time Off
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.