|| Network Administrator
||Newport News, VA
The Network Administrator’s primary task is to oversee the entire network for an Army organization comprised of 15 servers and over 50 workstations/laptops. This includes keeping email server, web server, database servers, file servers and other mission critical applications and programs operational at all times. The Network Administrator performs tasks consistent with Microsoft systems administration such as server work, exchange migrations, framework and architecture planning and various other tasks. The Network Administrator is also responsible for the security of the network. This involves compliance with the Army Information Assurance Guidelines and routine network scanning for vulnerabilities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
- Sustain WAN/voice communication devices/audiovisual (AV/VTC) connectivity and operations.
- Resolve problems with hardware, software and telecom systems; communicate the status of problem resolution to network users.
- Provide server and end-user hardware/software administration; backup; installation; operations; maintenance; training and upgrades.
- Sustain the IT hardware and software; perform scheduled routine tasks in support of the LAN; resolve infrastructure support problems.
- Maintain a trouble ticketing system known as PMOFIX to manage repair and maintenance requests from staff, video teleconference setups, and any other computer or IT related issue with the office.
- Log and track requests for assistance; gather and log appropriate demographic data for the PMOFIX Trouble Ticket Management Tracking System related to each request and analyze and compile data into a report outlining adverse trends an appropriate recommendations.
- Complete daily system backups/verifications and weekly restorations of the data to ensure quality of the data.
- Coordinate the exchange of backup tapes taken offsite in order to comply with disaster recovery standards; assist in the creation and maintenance of data disaster recovery procedures and perform periodic data disaster recovery tests; ensure effective tape backup and emergency restore procedures are practiced.
- Participate in the preparation and maintenance of procedure manuals, network documentation and diagrams, help desk documentation and user satisfaction surveys.
- Participate in the distribution of network related information to users to include information such as help desk procedures and information notices.
- Assist in the on-site installations of network systems for users.
- Perform Network and Mail Accounts Maintenance (create, delete, disable, keep account information current); maintain password security; control server room access.
- Ensure physical inventory of all IT hardware and software is performed.
- Build new servers and desktop computers as required.
- Ensure inventory database is maintained; ensure custody records for all notebook PCs and loaned hardware and software are maintained; ensure all software product keys are maintained; maintain and monitor all software licensing and Client Access Licenses (CALs).
- Handle the setup and tear down of video teleconferences.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Eight (8) years of IT services experience.
- Four (4) years of LAN engineer support.
- Certified as a Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA) or Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE).
- Experienced in Information Assurance Technical Level-1 (IAT-1 with A+, Network + or SSCP certifications).
- Knowledge of WAN/voice communication devices/audiovisual (AV/VTC) connectivity operations.
- Experience interfacing with Executive/Sr. Level POC.
- Experience with recommending and substantiating process improvement to improve service and processes.
Education and Experience:
- Associates Degree in related field; Bachelor’s degree preferred
eSTS offers a comprehensive benefits program with options that enable each employee to structure a benefits package tailored to meet his or her family’s needs. Offerings within our benefits program include:
- Flexible Spending Account
- 401K retirement account
- Life Insurance
- Long-term disability insurance
- Short-term Disability insurance
- Educational assistance
- Personal Time Off
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.