|| IT Specialist (Document Conversion)
*MUST HAVE ACTIVE TOP SECRET CLEARANCE*
Serves as E-Discovery Information Technology Specialist/Team Lead responsible for overseeing and performing the ingestion of documents in electronic and paper formats, in response to Congressional and other requests into an E-Discovery system that captures metadata, extracts text in a searchable format, and converts all paper documents into electronic images. Responsible for ensuring and/or performing the export of those same documents into an electronic review platform, allowing reviewers and analysts to cull, process, and prepare them for delivery to Congress and other recipients. Ensures all documents are properly marked and produced in an electronic media format for delivery to agencies and bureaus within the Department of State and other authorized recipients.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs production of documents using Adobe Pro software and trains others in the use of Adobe Pro software.
- Responsible for tasking, setting work priorities, and overseeing the work of a team of contract staff.
- Responsible for organizing, ingesting, and performing quality control on ingested and exported documents.
- Assists in the training of staff in the use of E-Discovery systems and assists with technical questions regarding those systems.
- Respond to ad hoc requests from management regarding status of CDP cases, case databases, case productions, and related information.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Active Top Secret security clearance is required.
- Ability to establish priorities, manage personnel and resources and resolve issues.
- Thorough knowledge of document scanning and indexing.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Fluent in speaking, reading and writing the English language.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks within a given project.
- General knowledge of MS Word and Excel sufficient enough to create reports and spreadsheets.
- Excellent verbal communication skills including the ability to establish a professional rapport with customers and all levels of management.
- Good listening skills in order to obtain required information.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to ensure speech and written text is accurate, clear and succinct.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 3-5 years of experience providing document conversion services.
- Experience working with LexisNexis Concordance Database or other Litigation Support software preferred.
eSTS offers a comprehensive benefits program with options that enable each employee to structure a benefits package tailored to meet his or her family’s needs. Offerings within our benefits program include:
- Flexible Spending Account
- 401K retirement account
- Life Insurance
- Long-term disability insurance
- Short-term Disability insurance
- Educational assistance
- Personal Time Off
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.