|| Financial Analyst (TS/SCI)
||Tampa, FL (MacDill AFB)
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintains, upgrades, and integrates new capabilities into the portal based CIO Dashboard and ITMO portal environment.
- Manages financial administration practices and procedures related to increases and decreases in IT service resources requirements to satisfy USSOCOM demand.
- Provides customized financial cost reports.
- Develops estimated costs in support of customer initiatives.
- Provides monthly reporting of services consumed and any variances to plan.
- Assists the government in the development of the IT program budget.
- Provides reports to enable accurate invoice reconciliation.
- Attains and utilizes required GFEBS roles to create/enter commitment documents, attaches all required documentation in accordance with organizational policies and guidance, and submits documentation for approval by office manager.
- Receives, reviews, and coordinates commitment documents for processing in GFEBS, and validate accuracy of data such as lines of accounting, funding amounts, and requestor information.
- Determines appropriate procedures to submit individual budget execution actions in accordance with applicable policies, guidelines, and regulations.
- Enters data into and completes required manual and automated budget forms to provide documentation in support of individual budget execution actions.
- Reviews and confirms budgetary records to ascertain availability of funds to support individual budget execution actions, provides guidance to office manager/requestor to finalize use of funds.
- Tracks and monitors individual budget execution actions. Performs follow up checks as needed to ensure timely commitment and obligation, reports issues to appropriate government personnel.
- Utilizes financial records and reports to develop comparisons of prior year(s) expenditures with current year budget execution plans.
- Utilizes financial records and reports for monitoring and reporting on current year expenditures relative to planned execution and prior year expenditures, informing office manager of any significant changes or issues.
- Prepares daily accounting reconciliation of accounting documents entered into the automated accounting system.
- Distributes accounting documentation to customers and office staff.
- Maintains automated accounting documentation files.
- Utilizes financial reporting tools (such as GFEBS, Microsoft Excel, and any successor systems) to generate reports detailing revenue (appropriation, program, and account structure) and expenditures for each organizational cost center, identifying and reconciling discrepancies.
- Accesses multiple financial databases, web-based tools, and reports to research and track specific elements of resource from commitment through disbursement, document and notifies budget analysts of issues.
- Creates documentation and coordinates routing of documentation for approval and acceptance of incoming and outgoing funds with external organizations and between internal organizational units.
- Enters data into financial databases and web-based tools to enable documentation and tracking of organizational level financial execution, including incoming and outgoing funds, internal fund transfers, and contracting actions.
- Supports organization’s budget analysts in documenting, tracking, and researching current year and prior year financial transactions to include purchase order and purchase requisitions obligation failures, unliquidated obligations, unmatched disbursements, and other execution issues, helping to resolve discrepancies between financial transactions, records, and reports or problems associated with complex or nonstandard transactions.
- Coordinates with Defense Finance Accounting Service (DFAS) regarding problems related to disbursements and refund checks.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Microsoft Excel, and other financial reporting tools
- Ability to interpret, implement, and provide guidance in support of SOPs and IOPs.
- Ability to research and gather information; verify and analyze data.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing with internal and external organizations.
EDUCATION & EXPRIENCE:
- A minimum of two (2) years of specialized experience as a Financial Specialist or in a comparable job description.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Current TS/SCI Clearance Required
eSTS offers a comprehensive benefits program with options that enable each employee to structure a benefits package tailored to meet his or her family’s needs. Offerings within our benefits program include:
- Flexible Spending Account
- 401K retirement account
- Life Insurance
- Long-term disability insurance
- Short-term Disability insurance
- Educational assistance
- Personal Time Off
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.