|| Document Specialist TS Clearance required
Staff will collect, organize, index, scan and perform quality assurance review, redact and store records according to procedures with an assurance on quality. Implement the agency’s records management and information access programs, ensuring compliance with a wide range of statutory and administrative requirements (to include, but not limited to the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA), the Privacy Act (PA), and the Executive Order 13526, and the President’s Transparency and Open Government Act).
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Prepare documentation collections for digitization;
- Scan black-and-white, color or mixed paper documents in either loose/boxed or bound form;
- Index document metadata;
- Convert electronic document images into PDF format;
- Organize scanned document images and associated OCR text;
- Perform quality control checks on scanned and indexed material;
- Perform duplicate detection resolution on documents;
- Perform Case Entry functions for the initialization of various information access cases;
- Engage in training initiatives meant to improve the document scanning and indexing process and procedures through the leveraging of lessons learned;
- Prepare reports and briefings regarding the production levels associated with the digitization workflow;
- Perform testing for system upgrades and user acceptance to keep equipment and software functioning without major service breaks, such as performing routine maintenance and file backups to avoid data losses;
- Assist government personnel with recommendations for enhancements to the FREEDOMS indexing system
- Provide feedback on system controls in the FREEDOMS indexing arena to systems developers and government personnel;
- Prepare performance and progress reports;
- Prepare and deliver to the COR meeting minutes for all minutes and reviews where participation is requested within 2 business days of the meeting.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Active Top Secret security clearance is required.
- Thorough knowledge of document scanning and indexing of FOIA and Privacy Act requests.
- Knowledge of E.O. 13526.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Fluent in speaking, reading and writing the English language.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks within a given project.
- Ability to perform general administrative/clerical duties such as answering telephones, typing, filing and scheduling meetings.
- General knowledge of MS Word and Excel sufficient enough to create reports and spreadsheets.
- Ability to create large document inventories with a high degree of accuracy while meeting production goals.
- Ability to establish priorities, manage resources and resolve issues.
- Excellent verbal communication skills including the ability to establish a professional rapport with customers and all levels of management.
- Good listening skills in order to obtain required information.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to ensure speech and written text is accurate, clear and succinct.
Education & Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 3-5 years of experience with document scanning and indexing.
eSTS offers a comprehensive benefits program with options that enable each employee to structure a benefits package tailored to meet his or her family’s needs. Offerings within our benefits program include:
- Flexible Spending Account
- 401K retirement account
- Life Insurance
- Long-term disability insurance
- Short-term Disability insurance
- Educational assistance
- Personal Time Off
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.