|Location||Joint Base San Antonio, San Antonio, Texas|
TITLE: Systems Engineer
LOCATION: Joint Base, San Antonio, Texas
Under general direction, formulates and defines specifications for complex operating software programming applications or modifies/maintains complex existing applications using engineering releases and utilities from the manufacturer. Designs, codes, tests, debugs, and documents those programs. Responsible for applications dealing with the overall operating system, such as sophisticated file maintenance routines, large telecommunications networks, computer accounting, and advanced mathematical/scientific software packages. Competent to work at this highest technical level on all phases of software systems programming applications. May have responsibility for the evaluation of new and existing software products. May assist other systems programmers to effectively utilize the system’s technical software.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Working knowledge of Air Education and Training Command (AETC) mission IT systems and flying training
· In MS Excel – ability to create new and modify existing formulas and ability to format cells and graphs. Arithmetic skills are required.
· In MS Word – ability to create it and format text, tables and graphics using various font, paragraph and styles; ability to use and edit shapes, quick parts and indexing; and ability to track, accept and delete changes. English grammar skills are required.
· In MS PowerPoint – ability to create new and modify existing briefs, charts and graphs; ability to format text, bulletize lists, and insert objects. Visual presentation skills are required.
· In architecture design tools – ability to use application tools for documentation of DOD Architecture Framework/The Open Group Architecture Framework (DODAF / TOGAF) compliant architectures
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
· Software development experience
· Six (6) to (8) years prior experience in this type of position
· Prior experience with the United States Air Force or flight training
· Exposure to project management practices and quality assurance review.
· Strong communication skills.
· Active Secret clearance required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
· Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Engineering, Electronics or Programming.
· Experience with troubleshooting hardware, software computer equipment.
BenefitseSTS offers a comprehensive benefits program with options that enable each employee to structure a benefits package tailored to meet his or her family’s needs. Offerings within our benefits program include:
- Flexible Spending Account
- 401K retirement account
- Life Insurance
- Long-term disability insurance
- Short-term Disability insurance
- Educational assistance
- Personal Time Off