|| Systems Engineer
||Joint Base, San Antonio, Texas
Title: Systems Engineer
Location: Joint Base, San Antonio, Texas
Performs a variety of systems engineering/architecting tasks and activities that are broad in nature and are concerned with major systems design, integration, and implementation, including personnel, hardware, software, budgetary, and support facilities and/or equipment. Provides quality assurance review and the evaluation of new and existing software products. Knowledgeable of architecture tools and modeling. The candidate needs to have knowledge, skills, and experience in the analysis, development, and implementation of reliable and secure computing stacks, including: IaaS, PaaS, SaaS, and related information technology (IT). This includes commercially available and FedRamp-certified on premise- and cloud-hosted solutions.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Working knowledge of AETC mission IT systems and flying training are required for staff filling PMO support roles.
- Experience in developing DODAF 2.0 compliant architecture framework.
- In MS Excel – ability to create new and modify existing formulas and ability to format cells and graphs. Arithmetic skills are required.
- In MS Word – ability to create it and format text, tables and graphics using various font, paragraph and styles; ability to use and edit shapes, quick parts and indexing; and ability to track, accept and delete changes. English grammar skills are required.
- In MS PowerPoint – ability to create new and modify existing briefs, charts and graphs; ability to format text, bulletize lists, and insert objects. Visual presentation skills are required.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Certified Enterprise Architecture (CCEA) is a plus but not required
- Software development experience
- Prior experience with the United States Air Force or flight training
- Exposure to project management practices and quality assurance review.
- Strong communication skills.
- Must be able to successfully pass NAC (National Agency Check)
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Engineering, Electronics or Programming.
- Eight (8) to twelve (12) years prior experience in this type of position
- Experience with troubleshooting hardware, software computer equipment.
eSTS offers a comprehensive benefits program with options that enable each employee to structure a benefits package tailored to meet his or her family’s needs. Offerings within our benefits program include:
- Flexible Spending Account
- 401K retirement account
- Life Insurance
- Long-term disability insurance
- Short-term Disability insurance
- Educational assistance
- Personal Time Off
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.