|| Software Architect
||Joint Base, San Antonio, Texas
Title: Software Architect
Location: Joint Base, San Antonio, Texas
Works independently designing and developing new software / web services or major enhancements to existing software. May lead a large development team in the design of highly complex software services/systems. Acts as highest-level technical expert, addressing problems of systems integration, compatibility, and multiple platforms. Responsible for project completion. Performs feasibility analysis on potential future projects to management.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Working knowledge of AETC mission IT systems and flying training are required for staff filling PMO support roles
- In architecture design tools – ability to use application tools for documentation of DODAF / TOGAF compliant architectures
- In MS Excel – ability to create new and modify existing formulas and ability to format cells and graphs. Arithmetic skills are required
- In MS Word – ability to create it and format text, tables and graphics using various font, paragraph and styles; ability to use and edit shapes, quick parts and indexing; and ability to track, accept and delete changes. English grammar skills are required
- In MS PowerPoint – ability to create new and modify existing briefs, charts and graphs; ability to format text, bulletize lists, and insert objects. Visual presentation skills are required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Information systems and architect experience
- Prior experience with the United States Air Force or flight training
- Exposure to addressing software problems related to systems integration.
- Strong communication skills.
- Must be able to successfully pass NAC (National Agency Check).
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems or Computer Science
- Six (6) to (8) years prior experience in this type of position
- Experience in project management and design and software development.
- Knowledge of or training with various flight systems.
eSTS offers a comprehensive benefits program with options that enable each employee to structure a benefits package tailored to meet his or her family’s needs. Offerings within our benefits program include:
- Flexible Spending Account
- 401K retirement account
- Life Insurance
- Long-term disability insurance
- Short-term Disability insurance
- Educational assistance
- Personal Time Off
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.