|| Security Specialist
||Fort Jackson, SC
Title: Security Specialist
Location: Ft. Jackson, SC
Perform day-to-day operational support of the Psychophysiological Detection of Deception (PDD) participants and research subjects in the Sensitive Compartmentalized Information Facility (SCIF) during the duty hours of Monday through Friday from 0700 to 1700 in accordance with standard operating procedures.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plan, coordinate, communicate effectively and execute Soldier support for the Psychophysiological Detection of Deception (PDD) participants and research subjects. This includes reception, briefing, monitoring participant whereabouts and coordinating meal arrangements.
- Conduct entry/exit inspections reviewing all incoming and outgoing material for proper classified and unclassified markings.
- Validate access and assist users with security functions.
- Continuously monitor closed circuit television showing all building entrances in surrounding areas.
- Coordinate visits of NCCA personnel to other locations with local security staff.
- Assist the Site Security Representative by pre-screening SCI paperwork, creating e-QIP accounts, reviewing SF-86s for initial investigations and conducting SCI indoctrinations and briefings.
- Assist with managing physical security, including submitting visit requests for new check-ins, collecting and managing badges and keys, foreign travel requests, tracking security clearances, coordinating taskers and conducting random security inspections.
- Assist with visitor control by verifying security clearance of visiting personnel; escorting, maintaining, controlling, and issuing visitor badges; and maintaining an updated visitor access roster.
- Administratively assist customers with physical and information security policies and processes and assist the security office in any other tasks needed for the maintenance and upgrade to the facility so as long as the task is not inherently governmental.
- Assist with SCI security clearance processing and administration and records management.
- Process adverse information reports. Input and retrieve data from security related database management systems such as JPAS and TITAN.
- Assist with the maintenance of security and training records.
- Create and administratively edit DD254s/
- Provide back-up to staff as needed for basic coverage to ensure continual coverage during operating hours.
- Provide after-hours support for alarmed events (recall with 1 hour response time of alarmed event notification).
- Arm, reset and lock IDS systems. Support opening and closing procedures o all NAA facilities and rove campus periodically throughout the day.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Firm understanding of the security policies, procedures and directives of the DoD.
- Knowledge of e-QIP and security clearance processes.
- Knowledge of JPAS.
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organization skills.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Team player.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Active TS/SCI required.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or equivalent; degree preferred.
- 2+ years of experience in the DoD security field.
eSTS offers a comprehensive benefits program with options that enable each employee to structure a benefits package tailored to meet his or her family’s needs. Offerings within our benefits program include:
- Flexible Spending Account
- 401K retirement account
- Life Insurance
- Long-term disability insurance
- Short-term Disability insurance
- Educational assistance
- Personal Time Off
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.