|| Engineering Subject Matter Specialist
||Joint Base, San Antonio, Texas
Title: Engineering Subject Matter Specialist
Location: Joint Base, San Antonio, Texas
Provides technical knowledge and analysis of highly specialized applications and operational environment, high-level functional systems architecting, analysis, design, integration, documentation, and implementation advice on exceptionally complex problems that necessitate high-level knowledge of the subject matter for effective implementation. Participates as needed in all phases of software development with emphasis on the planning, analysis, modeling, simulation, testing, integration, documentation and presentation phases.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Working knowledge of AETC mission IT systems and flying training are required for staff filling PMO support roles.
- In architecture design tools – ability to use application tools for documentation of DODAF / TOGAF compliant architectures.
- In MS Excel – ability to create new and modify existing formulas and ability to format cells and graphs. Arithmetic skills are required.
- In MS Word – ability to create it and format text, tables and graphics using various font, paragraph and styles; ability to use and edit shapes, quick parts and indexing; and ability to track, accept and delete changes. English grammar skills are required.
- In MS PowerPoint – ability to create new and modify existing briefs, charts and graphs; ability to format text, bulletize lists, and insert objects. Visual presentation skills are required.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Engineer or subject matter experience
- Prior experience with the United States Air Force or flight training
- Strong communication skills.
- Must be able to successfully pass NAC (National Agency Check).
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Management or Business
- Eight (8) to twelve (12) years prior experience in this type of position
- Software development and planning and modeling experience.
- Knowledge of or training with various flight systems.
eSTS offers a comprehensive benefits program with options that enable each employee to structure a benefits package tailored to meet his or her family’s needs. Offerings within our benefits program include:
- Flexible Spending Account
- 401K retirement account
- Life Insurance
- Long-term disability insurance
- Short-term Disability insurance
- Educational assistance
- Personal Time Off
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.