|Title||Engineering Subject Matter Specialist|
|Location||Joint Base San Antonio, San Antonio, Texas|
TITLE: Engineering Subject Matter Specialist
LOCATION: Joint Base, San Antonio, Texas
Designs and builds databases (relational and/or NoSQL). Develops strategies for data acquisitions, archive recovery, and implementation of a database. Works in a data warehouse environment, which includes data design, modeling, database architecture, metadata and repository creation. Translates business needs into long-term architecture solutions. Defines, designs, and builds dimensional databases. Develops data warehousing blueprints, evaluating hardware and software platforms, and integrating systems. Evaluates reusability of current data for additional analyses. Reviews object and data models and the metadata repository to structure the data for better management and quicker access.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Working knowledge of Air Education and Training Command (AETC) mission IT systems and flying training are required
· In MS Excel – ability to create new and modify existing formulas and ability to format cells and graphs. Arithmetic skills are required.
· In MS Word – ability to create it and format text, tables and graphics using various font, paragraph and styles; ability to use and edit shapes, quick parts and indexing; and ability to track, accept and delete changes. English grammar skills are required.
· In MS PowerPoint – ability to create new and modify existing briefs, charts and graphs; ability to format text, bulletize lists, and insert objects. Visual presentation skills are required.
· In architecture design tools – ability to use application tools for documentation of DOD Architecture Framework/The Open Group Architecture Framework (DODAF / TOGAF) compliant architectures
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
· Engineer or Database architect experience
· Six (6) to (8) years prior experience in this type of position
· Prior experience with the United States Air Force or flight training
· Strong communication skills.
· Active Secret clearance required.
· US Citizen
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
· Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Management or Business,
· Software development and planning and modeling experience.
· Knowledge or training with various flight systems.
BenefitseSTS offers a comprehensive benefits program with options that enable each employee to structure a benefits package tailored to meet his or her family’s needs. Offerings within our benefits program include:
- Flexible Spending Account
- 401K retirement account
- Life Insurance
- Long-term disability insurance
- Short-term Disability insurance
- Educational assistance
- Personal Time Off