|| Data Architect
||Joint Base, San Antonio, Texas
Title: Data Architect
Location: Joint Base, San Antonio, Texas
Designs and builds databases (relational and/or NoSQL). Develops strategies for data acquisitions, archive recovery, and implementation of a database. Works in a data warehouse environment, which includes data design, modeling, database architecture, metadata and repository creation. Translates business needs into long-term architecture solutions. Defines, designs, and builds dimensional databases. Develops data warehousing blueprints, evaluating hardware and software platforms, and integrating systems. Evaluates reusability of current data for additional analyses. Reviews object and data models and the metadata repository to structure the data for better management and quicker access.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Working knowledge of AETC mission IT systems and flying training are required for staff filling PMO support roles
- In architecture design tools – ability to use application tools for documentation of DODAF / TOGAF compliant architectures
- In MS Excel – ability to create new and modify existing formulas and ability to format cells and graphs. Arithmetic skills are required.
- In MS Word – ability to create it and format text, tables and graphics using various font, paragraph and styles; ability to use and edit shapes, quick parts and indexing; and ability to track, accept and delete changes. English grammar skills are required.
- In MS PowerPoint – ability to create new and modify existing briefs, charts and graphs; ability to format text, bulletize lists, and insert objects. Visual presentation skills are required.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Prior experience with the United States Air Force or flight training
- Database designing and building experience
- Exposure to project management practices and data acquisitions.
- Strong communication skills.
- Must be able to successfully pass NAC (National Agency Check).
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Information Systems, Engineering, Electronics or Programming.
- Six (6) to (8) years prior experience in this type of position
eSTS offers a comprehensive benefits program with options that enable each employee to structure a benefits package tailored to meet his or her family’s needs. Offerings within our benefits program include:
- Flexible Spending Account
- 401K retirement account
- Life Insurance
- Long-term disability insurance
- Short-term Disability insurance
- Educational assistance
- Personal Time Off
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.