|Location||Joint Base San Antonio, San Antonio, Texas|
TITLE: Data Architect
LOCATION: Joint Base, San Antonio, Texas
Top-level technical expert responsible for design and development of a cloud or client/server environments. Develops strategy of the cloud or client/server system and the design infrastructure necessary to support that strategy. Advises on selection of technological purchases with regards to processing, data storage, data access, and applications development. Advises of feasibility of potential future projects to management.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Working knowledge of Air Education and Training Command (AETC) mission IT systems and flying training are required for staff filling PMO support roles
· In MS Excel – ability to create new and modify existing formulas and ability to format cells and graphs. Arithmetic skills are required.
· In MS Word – ability to create it and format text, tables and graphics using various font, paragraph and styles; ability to use and edit shapes, quick parts and indexing; and ability to track, accept and delete changes. English grammar skills are required.
· In MS PowerPoint – ability to create new and modify existing briefs, charts and graphs; ability to format text, bulletize lists, and insert objects. Visual presentation skills are required.
· In architecture design tools – ability to use application tools for documentation of DOD Architecture Framework/The Open Group Architecture Framework (DODAF / TOGAF) compliant architectures
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
· Six (6) to (8) years prior experience in this type of position
· Prior experience with the United States Air Force or flight training
· Database designing and building experience
· Exposure to project management practices and data acquisitions.
· Strong communication skills.
· Active Secret clearance required.
· US Citizen
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
· Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Information Systems, Engineering, Electronics or Programming.
· Experience with architecture design tools
BenefitseSTS offers a comprehensive benefits program with options that enable each employee to structure a benefits package tailored to meet his or her family’s needs. Offerings within our benefits program include:
- Flexible Spending Account
- 401K retirement account
- Life Insurance
- Long-term disability insurance
- Short-term Disability insurance
- Educational assistance
- Personal Time Off